Artist/owner, Susan Arnold, loves the challenge of incorporating your colors and design ideas into custom canvases tailored to reflect your personal taste, home, and lifestyle. You may not be able to get a custom rug that goes with your house or place of business, but you can get a custom floorcloth that does.
Custom orders are a collaboration between you and Susan. It's really important to talk about your ideas, color preferences, space where the floor cloth is going and other details in order to make sure that the finished project meets your expectations. Susan is happy to visit your home or office to help you through the process of deciding exactly what colors and patterns will best fit your space.
Here are the details about a custom design:
- Custom floorcloths can be made in any size, up to 12 feet in width.
- Your choice of colors is almost limitless! Susan uses Benjamin Moore paints, so you can go to your local paint store and choose from the line of over 3600 colors they offer, and give Susan the reference numbers to match.
- You can order an existing design (visit the Galleries for options) in any size, up to 12 feet in width, and customize the colors (based on number in original design) for an additional $5 per square foot, or ask Susan to create a custom mat to match a wallpaper or fabric swatch, color scheme or theme in your home or office.
- If it is not possible for Susan to visit your space, photographs and sketches are helpful, as are fabric and wallpaper swatches, paint chips, or other elements useful in matching or complementing colors and communicating design ideas.
- Prices vary according to the complexity of the design and size (up to 12 feet in width). Susan will provide a price quote based on your request.
- If you are requesting a custom canvas, half of the cost of the rug is required to begin the design process and the other half is due upon completion of the canvas and prior to shipping. Based on your specifications, Susan will prepare a 2 by 3-foot mock-up canvas for your approval (property of Folk Floors) before she creates the final product.
- One way to determine the size canvas you need is to take several newspapers and tape them together in the approximate shape you are looking for. Then lay the paper pattern on the area you wish to cover, adjust as needed until you have the size that looks right for your space, and measure. For a dining area rug, be sure to leave enough space for the chairs to move back and forth easily.
- Custom orders take approximately 2-3 weeks to make (depending on the complexity of the design and the size), plus one week for shipping.
- There are no refunds or exchanges on custom orders. So please be clear about what you want up front to prevent any problems.
- All custom orders must be placed with Susan at 802-785-4248. She is happy to discuss various options, answer any questions you might have, and to walk you through the process.